Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Southbound


I'm driving south to L.A. again tomorrow... facing about 650-700 miles of driving. I'm already tired just thinking about it! I've been washing, packing, running errands, and just now sat down to enjoy my fast food dinner since Scott's teaching his night class in ceramics tonight. Whew!

I no longer drive straight though like I did in my younger days. Now it's a 2 day trip, with an overnight stay in a Best Western 1/2 way through the drive! Still, I do not like the I-5 stretch down the Central Valley where the normal range of drivers' speed hovers between 80-90 mph! I putt along in the slow lane at 77 mph!!

The reason I'm going is that my dad is having his 80th birthday celebration, and I want to be there! We surprising him with a boat trip to Catalina Island, and last I heard, he still doesn't know about it! I just pray that the weather clears up so we can go!

It's back to the packing for me! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment