Wednesday, May 6, 2009

December Begins Winter

I had a long chat tonight with my cousin, and I found that he's a talented writer and writes poetry! I'd like to share his poem:

DECEMBER BEGINS WINTER

I remember the sound of your voice
and the laughter of your eyes.

You stood at the end of an old
wooden pier and I suddenly realized,

everything.

Your incantations of life melt
across snow and I watch

strange birds lift away
from treetops.

Your world exists under canopies of gray,
never to change or borrow from
rainbow palettes. Can it be that
the cloth, we thought we both
found shape on, really exists

as a quilt from different beginnings?
Something sewn tightly together by helpful hands?

I know the answer and you do as well,
but there on the old wooden pier
your feet stay in place, they do not move,
they do not surrender.

We both know where this ends. How the
last page will read. So many chapters
to go. I am a slow reader and you like
to skip ahead.

~ By Tom Kenny - aka Jack Henry ~
(copyright - 2009)

Tom & Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment